Sarah Solis Design Studio is looking for an experienced designer to join our team and support our team. The Designer will be able to confidently lead the design process and projects with Sarah and have a keen sense of style. Must be able to understand the firm's vision, work in a collaborative environment but also have a strong sense of independent design, as we appreciate new ideas. Our firm's focus is on residential work and the position requires someone who is proficient in kitchen and bathroom layouts, space planning, and furniture layouts. Must be prepared to work out of our Agoura Hills studio.
- Minimum 5 years experience with Interior Design/Architecture education and background.
- Ideal candidates will have strong management and organizational skills, the ability to multitask, strong and unique design talent.
- Ability to originate concepts, and be the design lead for new projects
- Project experience should include the submission of drawing sets, including but not limited to, specifications, technical production, and basic code knowledge.
- Primary responsibilities will include leading the drawing and documentation of the project during the design as well as management of the scope, schedule, and budget during construction; this will include coordination with clients as well as contractors and fabricators.
- The ideal candidate must have good communication skills, be hands-on and open-minded, and have a desire to work in teams with multiple designers, builders, and developers.
- Strong free-hand drawing and rendering skills are a must.
- Has a strong vendor base and relationships.
- Confident and polished presentation skill.
- Proficient in Autocad, Photoshop, Gdrive, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent note-taking and follow-through
Please email resume, a sample of work, cover letter, and references to [email protected]